20101022

alterations.

I have been tearing apart my closet lately, working on adding pieces to my wardrobe that I LOVE and not just like. That being said, there are piles of things that I really like, so much so, that I can't get rid of them, but I don't know that I wear them enough to warrant keeping. So, my solution has been to do some serious surgery with the limited sewing knowledge I have, taking things from LIKE to LOVE. 

An example is this skirt.


I found it at a thrift store a while back and died over the pattern. The problem I always had with it was it's length. It was a mid calf length skirt, which normally wouldn't be an issue, but with the material being what it was, it didn't compliment the skirt. Instead it looked boxy and uncomfortable. So I hemmed it into a mini skirt and fell in love.




Lately, I have been playing with patterns. Which is way out of the norm for me. But I am having fun with it. So hopefully, the daring part of me will continue to branch out from my solid, neutral prison.

-g

No comments:

Post a Comment